New Amazon Business Account
The university has worked with Amazon to create a UNI Amazon Business Account, this allows us to retain our sales tax exemption and eliminate the use of university procurement card (P-card) numbers on personal Amazon accounts. All university Amazon purchases must go through the UNI Amazon Business Account. To access the account, please send an email to UNIAmazonApproval@uni.edu to request the registration link. Purchases made through this account will continue to be charged to UNI P- cards and be approved during the monthly reconciliation process in ProTrav.
The UNI Amazon Business Account can be used to purchase items not available on existing contracts. Purchases for items with existing contracts receive a "noncompliant item" message within Amazon and are subject to further review by Procurement Services staff.
Procurement Services strongly encourages purchases through contracted suppliers and the total cost to the university is usually lower when using a contracted supplier, even if the purchase price is
higher. Procurement Services does understand there can be legitimate reasons to purchase a "noncompliant item". One example is when an item, or similar substitute, is not available from our contracted supplier. To expedite an order for an item identified as a "noncompliant item" document the business case in the comments section of the order. This allows Procurement Services to quickly review the purchase for contract compliance and determine if further follow up is needed. If there are any questions, please contact James Tanzosch.
The Procurement Services Team continues to work with ITS to add stores to iProcurement. Below is an update:
- Office Depot - Available for campus wide purchase of Office Supplies including all toner.
- Dell - Available for campus wide purchase of computers.
- CDW - Available for campus wide purchase of computer peripherals.
- SupplyWorks - Newly added for Campus Supply to purchase chemical and cleaning supplies.
- Grainger - Available soon for purchase of MRO supplies by Physical Plant.
- Crescent Electric - In process for purchase of electrical items with an expected completion date of April, 2017.
- Fisher - Initial phase of creating store for purchase of scientific supplies expected completion later this fiscal year.
- VWR - Initial phase of creating store for purchase of scientific supplies expected completion later this fiscal year.
The use of iProcurement automates the procure-to-pay process and is a key element of UNI's procurement strategy. Detailed order information can be retained in the process; this information improves UNI's bargaining power when negotiating contracts.
CDW-G Quote Update
Please be sure all quotes used in iProcurement are up to date and not old/expired quotes. Although the quotes may look valid in iProcurement, outdated quotes cause payment issues on the backend (prices change and promotions ending). If you have any questions please contact Molly Ungs.
Direct any questions that may arise to assigned buyer. Please contact James Tanzosch, Manager of Procurement Services, with questions pertaining to this newsletter, or to offer topics for upcoming issues.